Available September - May
Up to 350 people per session
$425 Per Assembly
$300 for second showing
Travel fees may apply*
K — 12th
Frequently Asked Questions
View Standards Addressed
Instructor Rhys Thomas of Jugglemania is a former Smithsonian artist-in-residence who takes juggling beyond physics to explore archaeology, chemistry, mathematics and other sciences.
What new juggling props have chemists created? Can mathematicians help discover new tricks? Watch and wonder as the show builds to a grand finale, featuring Rhys juggling on a rope. Stage requirements: 12’x12’ area with a 10’ ceiling. Topics include inertia, gravity, balance, centripetal force, archaeology, chemistry and mathematics.
If you are located less than 40 miles from OMSI, there are no travel fees.
If you are located more than 40 miles from OMSI, travel fees are charged as follows:
• By scheduling a program when we’re in your area (per map), each school pays $95 per instructor per day, in addition to the program cost. No mileage is charged.
• If we make a special trip to your school (when we’re not scheduled to be in your area per map), each school is charged 55¢ per round-trip mile (subject to federal rate changes) and $95 per instructor per day, in addition to the program cost.
• Visits to areas beyond the boundaries of the map are available by request and travel fees are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
A minimum of 2 weeks' advance notice is required for all registration requests. If you have questions, please contact us at 503.797.4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1.1P.1 —
- Compare and contrast physical properties and composition of objects.
- 6.1P.1 —
- Describe physical and chemical properties of matter and how they can be measured.
- K.2P.1 —
- Examine the different ways things move.
- 1.2P.1 —
- Describe the motion of objects when a force is applied.
- 3.2P.1 —
- Describe how forces cause changes in an object’s position, motion, and speed.
- 5.2P.1 —
- Describe how friction, gravity, and magnetic forces affect objects on or near Earth.
- 7.2P.1 —
- Identify and describe types of motion and forces and relate forces qualitatively to the laws of motion and gravitation.
- H.2P.4 —
- Apply the laws of motion and gravitation to describe the interaction of forces acting on an object and the resultant motion.