Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 10am or 11:15am
Groups of 6-16 students
$70 Per Session
This program must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
K — 2nd
Frequently Asked Questions
View Standards Addressed
Fire your students’ imaginations with the wonders of chemistry! OMSI educators demonstrate fountains of foam, fast-freezing solutions, mysterious color changes, and bubbling gases with the help of your class. Specially designed for non-readers. Choose from one of the following themes
Hot and Cold: Explore the temperature scale with solutions that heat up as they freeze, screaming ice, burning metals, and more!
States of Matter: Why do solids, liquids and gases act the way they do, and what happens when things defy definition? We’ll explore these questions with slimes, crushing cans, and extremely cold air.
Reactions: Learn how to recognize evidence of a chemical reaction through amazing color changes and fast-foaming solutions.
Polymers: Prepare to get slimy as we dive into the world of extra-long molecules to make water disappear, tangle up glue into flubber, and see how chains of food molecules compare to their smaller links.
This program takes place in the Chemistry Lab in the Turbine Exhibit Hall. Combine this program with a field trip to the museum.
A minimum of 2 weeks' advance notice is required for all registration requests. If you have questions, please contact us at 503.797.4661 or email@example.com.
- 1.1P.1 —
- Compare and contrast physical properties and composition of objects.
- K.3S.1 —
- Explore questions about living and non-living things and events in the natural world.
- K.3S.2 —
- Make observations about the natural world.
- 1.3S.1 —
- Identify and use tools to make careful observations and answer questions about the natural world.
- 2.3S.2 —
- Make predictions about living and non-living things and events in the environment based on observed patterns.