PreK: Up to 24 students per session
K-1: Up to 34 students per session
Appropriate for students 2 years – First Grade
$145 Per Session
Two hours minimum booking
Travel fees may apply*
PreK — K
Frequently Asked Questions
View Standards Addressed
What has six legs, three body parts and invades your picnic? Students discover how insects’ bodies change as they grow and how they survive in a world where they are one of nature’s smallest creatures. Participants will design their own insect to take home and will have the option to hold live insects. Topics include camouflage, insect anatomy and life cycles.
Experience an adventure in science without leaving the classroom. These programs include a general introduction to a science topic and hands-on, interactive activities.
If you are located less than 40 miles from OMSI, there are no travel fees.
If you are located more than 40 miles from OMSI, travel fees are charged as follows:
• By scheduling a program when we’re in your area (per map), each school pays $105 per instructor per day, in addition to the program cost. No mileage is charged.
• If we make a special trip to your school (when we’re not scheduled to be in your area per map), each school is charged 55¢ per round-trip mile (subject to federal rate changes) and $105 per instructor per day, in addition to the program cost.
• Visits to areas beyond the boundaries of the map are available by request and travel fees are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
A minimum of 2 weeks' advance notice is required for all registration requests. If you have questions, please contact us at 503.797.4661 or email@example.com.
- K.1P.1 —
- Compare and contrast characteristics of living and non-living things.
- K.1L.1 —
- Compare and contrast characteristics of plants and animals.
- 1.1L.1 —
- Compare and contrast characteristics among individuals within one plant or animal group.
- 2.1L.1 —
- Compare and contrast characteristics and behaviors of plants and animals and the environments where they live.
- K.2P.1 —
- Examine the different ways things move.
- 1.2L.1 —
- Describe the basic needs of living things.
- 2.2L.1 —
- Describe life cycles of living things.
- K.3S.1 —
- Explore questions about living and non-living things and events in the natural world.
- K.3S.2 —
- Make observations about the natural world.
- 1.3S.1 —
- Identify and use tools to make careful observations and answer questions about the natural world.